In the frame of the SYNERGY project (H2020-WIDESPREAD-2020-5, GA.952169), several opportunities for secondments are being promoted in four renowned European Research Institutes (Fraunhofer-Institut für Keramische Technologien und Systeme IKTS, POLITO - Politecnico di Torino, Tyndall National Institute - University College Cork, and VTT-Technical Research Centre of Finland). The following themes are directed to Master Students, PhD Students and post-doc in Materials Sciences and Engineering, Micro- and Nanotechnologies, Energy Systems and Energy Power Control from the PT-Cluster (CEMOP-UNINOVA and associated lab I3N).
FhG-IKTS (Dresden, Germany) Responsible: Dr André Clausner
- Nano-analysis of faceted bilayer crystals for solar fuel production
- Fibres-based energy harvesters
- Mechanical stress effects on thin films and thin-films based circuits
- Material models for thin films under mechanical stress
POLITO (Torino, Italy) Responsible: Prof Dr Silvia Bodoardo
- Electrochemical characterization of electrode materials for energy storage
- Sensors for battery monitoring (temperature, humidity, volumetric expansion, etc)
Tyndall (Cork, Ireland) Responsible: Prof Dr Ian Povey
- Atomic layer deposition of thin film electrodes for flexible electronics
- Multilayer oxide semiconductor stacks for high-mobility flexible oxide transistors
- Energy management, energy scavenging from GHz radiation
VTT (Helsinki, Finland) Responsible: Dr Maria Smolander
- Synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials for energy storage devices
- Fibre-based electronic and electrochemical systems
- Printed supercapacitors on paper and fabric
- Reverse offset printing of oxide transistors and memristors
The students and researchers that aim to be involved should submit a proposal addressed to the project coordinator, Professor Rodrigo Martins.
The submission should include:
1. One page motivation letter which should highlight the role and complementarity of these topics with their work.
2. One-page short CV.
3. List of relevant publications (if applicable).
4. Recommendation letters (optional).
Other information considered by the candidates as relevant may also be attached.
Deadline and submission: The call is open from 30-Jan-2023 to 10-Feb-2023. The applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.