In the frame of SYNERGY project (H2020-WIDESPREAD-2020-5, GA. 952169), several opportunities for secondments are being promoted in four renowned European Research Institutes (Fraunhofer-Institut für Keramische Technologien und Systeme IKTS, POLITO - Politecnico di Torino, Tyndall National Institute - University College Cork, and VTT-Technical Research Centre of Finland). The following themes are directed to Master Students, PhD Students and post-doc in Materials Sciences and Engineering, Micro- and Nanotechnologies, Energy Systems and Green Energy Power Control by the PT cluster.
FhG-IKTS (Dresden, Germany)
Responsible: Dr André Clausner
- Fibres-based energy harvesters
- Mechanical stress effects on thin films and thin films based circuits
- Mechanical models for thin films mechanical stress
POLITO (Torino, Italy)
Responsible: Prof Dr Silvia Bodoardo
- Electrochemical characterization of electrode materials for energy storage
- Sensors for battery monitoring
Tyndall (Cork, Ireland)
Responsible: Prof Dr Ian Povey
- Atomic layer deposition of thin metals for flexible electronics
- Energy management, energy scavenging from GHz radiation
VTT (Helsinki, Finland)
Responsible: Dr Maria Smolander
- Synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials for energy storage devices
- Fibre-based electronic and electrochemical systems
- Printed supercapacitors on paper and fabric
The students and researchers that aim to be involved should submit a proposal addressed to the project coordinator, Professor Rodrigo Martins.
The submission should include:
- One page motivation letter which should highlight the role and complementarity of these topics with their work;
- One page short CV;
- List of relevant publications (if applicable);
- Recommendation letters (optional).
Moreover, other information considered by the candidates as relevant may also be attached.
Deadline and submission: The call is open from 01/02/2022 to 15/02/2022. The applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org